Top 5 Summer Job Search To-Do List
The traditional summer to-do list is filled with pleasant outdoor activities, like sports, BBQs, swimming, and watching the sunset…
Well, this isn’t one of those kinds of to-do lists, slacker! While you’re busy playing outside, your career is gathering dust inside, and when you pull it out with the winter clothes, don’t be surprised if it’s gotten a bit moldy along the way.
Better yet, don’t put it in the closet at all. Instead, take advantage of the summer months to really get moving. Keep this quick and handy to-do list around to ensure your career and your job search don’t get stale:
1) Learn something new: Boost your marketability with online courses or read up on industry news.
2) Grow your network: Take advantage of the heat to meet up with your broader network and potential hiring managers.
3) Update your personal brand: Overhaul your resume, your portfolio, and your professional social media presence.
4) Spearhead a project: Turn the lull into an opportunity to show your worth.
5) Ramp up your job search: With everyone on vacation, less competition!
Bonus- 6) Volunteer: Gain new experience and meet new people while helping!!